We trust factories and food preparers to provide us with safe, healthy, and clean food. However, if you are injured by a foreign object in your food, you may be able to sue for your injuries. The Georgia foreign objects in food lawyers with Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. can help. Contact us at (770) 205-8827.
Common Injuries That a Court Will Award Money Damages
If you do find an unexpected object in your food, you may be able to sue for your injuries. Typical injuries that the courts award damages for include:
- Cuts in the mouth and throat and damaged teeth.
- Illness due to ingestion of the object.
What can help if you have been injured?
If you have been injured by a foreign object in your food there are certain things you can do to help your lawsuit:
- If possible, keep the object that actually caused you injury.
- Proof or witnesses that can verify that the food was prepared by the other party, such as a restaurant, caterer or manufacturer, and was not tampered with by anyone else.
- Medical and dental records that show the injury was not present before the incident.
If you’ve been injured due to a foreign object in food, make the best choice you can and call our office now or request a free case consultation.