WHAT TO DO IF INJURED IN A CAR WRECK? FOLLOW THESE EIGHT EASY STEPS
Call 911. Check for injuries and report the collision.
• Stay at the scene. Remain at the scene until the police arrive.
• Request that an accident report be written. Request this, even if the collision was minor.
• Seek medical attention. Seek medical attention immediately, even if you do not think your injuries are serious.
• Record the scene. Take pictures of the scene, vehicles, and injuries. Have a friend or family member do this if you are not physically able to do so because of your injuries.
• Gather information. Obtain the contact information for the people involved in the collision, as well as any witnesses. Also obtain license plate information, insurance information, and the name and badge number of the investigating officer.
• Notify your insurance company. Your insurance policy requires that you notify them as soon as possible after the collision.
• Call me to discuss your rights prior to talking to the insurance company(s). It costs you nothing to discuss your legal rights with me, but not calling me or consulting with a qualified personal injury attorney could cost you your injury claim. The insurance company has highly skilled and trained employees to help it reduce or deny your claim. Call me to protect your rights. The consultation is free.