Johns Creek Personal Injury Lawyers
If someone’s negligence caused an accident resulting in your injuries, you might be entitled to financial compensation. Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. could represent you in your personal injury case and help pursue the money you’re owed for the suffering you endured. With over 70 years of combined experience, our team knows how to get the job done.
You could get hurt in any scenario. Suffering an injury in an entirely preventable accident is overwhelming. It disrupts your life and leads to costly medical bills. Many people experience significant emotional distress while trying to recover. The cost of hospitalization, prescriptions, X-rays, and other medical care are significant expenses that can place accident victims in debt.
The personal injury attorneys at Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. believe in holding individuals and companies responsible for their wrongdoing. You can count on us to fight by your side for the justice you deserve. We will create a legal strategy to seek the maximum compensation available and try to achieve your desired results. You will be our top priority while we’re working on your case.
Our Practice Areas
At Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C., we help our injured clients get back on their feet after accidents caused by the misconduct of others. We can handle any case, big or small. No legal matter is too complex for us to take on and try to resolve for you. The personal injury cases we’ve handled for accident victims include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Traffic-related accidents are often the result of driver error and inattention. Many people become distracted at the wheel or behave carelessly. Various factors can contribute to a motor vehicle crash, placing the occupants at risk of serious harm.
- Dog Bites – Even small dogs can cause severe injuries during an attack. The teeth are sharp enough to puncture the skin, damaging nerves, tissues, and muscle. A dog’s owner can be held liable for someone’s injuries and resulting losses after a bite or attack in Georgia.
- Premises Liability – Property owners are responsible for maintaining their properties to avoid dangerous conditions that could harm guests. They could be held liable if someone suffers an injury from a hazard, such as defective stairs, malfunctioning escalator, or slippery floor.
- Workers’ Compensation – If you suffer a job-related injury and your employer provides workers’ compensation coverage, you could file a claim. Benefits can pay for necessary medical treatment and replace a percentage of your lost wages.
- Boating Accidents – Boat operators must obey laws similar to motor vehicle drivers. They must follow speed limits, refrain from consuming alcohol, and take the necessary precautions to keep their passengers safe. Drowning, vessel collisions, capsizing, and other catastrophes can occur if the boat operator or another person behaves recklessly.
- Nursing Home Abuse – Older adults living in long-term care facilities are the most vulnerable to instances of neglect and abuse. They rely on nursing home staff to provide necessary medical care and assistance with certain tasks. Anyone could take advantage of them, which could result in serious injuries and even death.
- Construction Accidents – Construction workers injured on the job could recover benefits through a workers’ compensation insurance claim. The medical bills you receive should not be your financial responsibility if the incident occurred while performing your work-related duties.
- Medical Malpractice – Misdiagnosis, surgical errors, and misinterpreting diagnostic tests are just a few examples of negligence in hospitals and medical facilities. A healthcare professional could be at fault for your injury or illness if they made a mistake while you were their patient.
- Police Brutality – You might be entitled to compensation if law enforcement violated your constitutional rights. Whether an officer used excessive force during your arrest or performed an illegal search of your property, you could hold them liable for the injuries you suffered.
- Wrongful Death – Losing a loved one due to another person’s carelessness is tragic. As a surviving family member, you have a right to file a wrongful death lawsuit and pursue compensation for your losses and those of your loved one.
- Defective Products – Manufacturers must provide consumers with safe products. They could be at fault for someone’s injury if they made an error during any stage of the design, marketing, or manufacturing process.
Reach out to Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. immediately if you were injured or lost a loved one in any of these scenarios for a free consultation about your personal injury case.
Compensation Available for Personal Injury
The compensation you receive in a personal injury case should adequately compensate you for the losses you suffered, such as:
- Property damage
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Medical expenses
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
Typically, accident victims have two options for seeking compensation – an insurance claim and a lawsuit. You could file a claim with the negligent party’s insurance carrier and negotiate a settlement to cover your losses. However, you could proceed with a lawsuit if they deny the claim, provide an insufficient offer, or the at-fault party doesn’t have insurance.
Punitive damages are only recoverable during a lawsuit. They’re not available in an insurance claim. Additionally, an award of this type is a punishment against the defendant instead of compensation for the plaintiff. For a jury to award this to you, you must show clear and convincing evidence of the defendant’s willful misconduct, wantonness, fraud, malice, or indifference to consequences.
Deadline to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
In Georgia, most personal injury cases have a two-year statute of limitations. That means you must file your lawsuit within two years of the date you sustained an injury to seek compensation in court. Once this timeframe passes, you could lose your right to pursue a case against the person or company responsible for the incident.
Contact an Experienced Johns Creek Personal Injury Lawyer Today
The experienced personal injury attorneys of Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. are ready to fight for you. We will tirelessly work to hold the negligent party liable and try to achieve the best possible outcome on our clients behalf. You will have a dedicated and aggressive legal team in your corner throughout your entire case.
If you sustained an injury due to someone else’s intentional or careless behavior, do not hesitate to call us at (770) 205-8827 for a free consultation and let us help you get on the road to recovery.