No one expects to be seriously injured in an accident. If you did, you’d have a hard time going about your daily life. Unfortunately, every single day Atlantans suffer life-changing, preventable injuries. If it’s happened to you, you may be able to demand financial compensation from the responsible party in a personal injury claim.
Personal injury is the legal term for the harm suffered from someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior, and it truly is personal. Auto collisions, assaults, or slips and falls intrude on your life with physical, emotional, and financial distress.
At Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C., we understand all of the consequences you or your loved one endure when you’re injured, and we want you to know how effective legal representation can expose the responsible parties and help you obtain significant compensation.
Each victim’s suffering is unique, but recovering typically entails physical pain, medical bills, missing work, worrying about finances, and overall emotional stress. Having a legal professional handle your injury claim can relieve a lot of pressure.
With Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. on your side, you’ll have someone working to get you the best results within the legal system. All of this is available to you without any upfront fees. You won’t have to pay Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. unless you get paid in a settlement or judgment.
For over 30 years, the attorneys at Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. have earned fair compensation for clients in situations like yours. The Atlanta personal injury lawyers at Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. represent injured Georgians who want to seek compensation and move on with their lives. Call us today at (770) 205-8827 to schedule a free initial case evaluation and learn about your rights.
What a Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. Personal Injury Lawyer Does for You
A personal injury claim against the person or business that hurt you actually targets their insurance carrier. That process can be complicated, so it’s in your best interest to let a professional who has the experience and resources to handle it help you. The benefits of having a Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. injury lawyer working for you include:
A Comprehensive Investigation
Our attorneys know exactly what evidence to look for to establish a strong claim, and we can carry out a prompt, thorough investigation. The information we gather can directly impact the amount of money you can demand as damages from your claim.
Fully Calculated Damages
Once we’ve conducted an investigation, analyzed the resulting evidence, and received input from qualified experts, we can make a comprehensive assessment of how much money you deserve. Then we’ll seek those damages from the at-fault party and their insurance company in a personal injury claim.
Aggressive Representation on Your Side
Our lawyers know exactly how to work with insurance companies. We know what to do if they try to deny your claim, and we won’t be pressured into accepting an unsatisfactory settlement. Having a lawyer like ours shows the insurance company that you’re serious about your claim and expect a fair settlement.
Experience in Court
The majority of personal injury claims are settled out of court, but at Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C., we are skilled and ready to take your case to trial. We’ll develop a personalized legal strategy, present compelling evidence that supports your side, and challenge the validity of the insurance company’s case.
Peace of Mind
When you have Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. on your side, you can focus on recovering from your injuries. We’ll handle all the aspects of your claim while keeping you updated. If you ever have questions, we’ll have answers. Our goal is to get you everything you deserve.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our practice focuses exclusively on personal injury law. We accept all kinds of injuries, so contact us if you’re not sure if your accident counts. These are some of the kinds of cases we handle regularly:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: All drivers and passengers are at risk of being in a collision, no matter how careful they are. Irresponsible and reckless drivers can be held responsible for their behavior. Car accidents are the most common reason for personal injury cases. Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. represents people who have been involved in any type of motor vehicle accident case, including:
- Wrongful Death: Tragically, reckless or negligent behavior can result in the loss of life. For the loved ones left behind, nothing can fill the void. With the help of a lawyer, you can hold the responsible party accountable and seek compensation through legal action.
- Dog Bite Injury: Each year, hundreds of thousands of dogs bite people. These injuries require medical attention, and many of the victims are children. Dog owners need to be held responsible. Our lawyers can make sure they are.
- Premises Liability: When property owners fail to maintain their premises or notify guests about potential risks, physical hazards can cause injuries. The resulting slips and falls or other tragic accidents are preventable. We can identify all responsible entities and pursue damages for clients injured by irresponsible property owners.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors and other medical providers make mistakes. These can include failures that result in misdiagnosis, surgery errors, incorrect medication, or other errors that cause injury to a patient. Victims injured by medical malpractice can pursue compensation.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Nursing homes residents need and deserve safe care, but all too often, these facilities are run negligently. Caregivers can be neglectful or abusive, causing their victims physical and emotional suffering. If you have concerns about a loved one’s treatment in a nursing home, the caring team at Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. has the experience to investigate and pursue fair financial damages.
- Construction Accidents: Heavy equipment, dangerous demolition, and hazardous material on location make construction sites very risky. Workers and passersby can be easily injured when site managers fail to carry out safety measures. A Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. lawyers can skillfully handle your personal injury claim after a construction accident.
When you have been hurt in an accident caused by the reckless or careless behavior of another person, you deserve tenacious legal representation by a personal injury lawyer at Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C., a law firm in Atlanta. Our team provides legal services to accident victims who have been injured from car crashes, dog bites, food poisoning, work-related accidents, medical malpractice, and more. We are dedicated to seeking justice on behalf of our clients who are suffering due to the negligent actions of others. We will examine your case to build a solid defense and seek out the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering. Contact us today to learn more about our personal injury law services and to schedule your free case evaluation.
Available Options for Compensation
When you win your personal injury case, the at-fault party or their insurance company pays you money to reimburse you for the damages they caused. Compensation can never undo your suffering, but it can help you cope with the aftermath.
Our personal injury lawyers will work diligently to calculate the real value of your case to pursue the amount that you deserve and need to get your life back on track.
The types of damages you may be eligible for include funds to compensate for:
- Current and future wages lost from missing work
- Current, past, and estimated future medical expenses
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Other costs incurred as a direct result of your injury
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Claims
Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. is here to help any injured Atlantan wondering what their next step is. Contacting us today will allow you to speak with someone who can answer questions about your injury. In the meantime, here are answers to a few questions you may have on your mind to give you a broader understanding of personal injury claims.
How do I know if I have a personal injury claim?
If there is negligence by someone else that caused your injury and can be proven, you likely have a claim. The only way to know for sure is to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can evaluate your case and determine if there is a strategy for proving the elements of negligence.
Should I expect to go to court for my personal injury claim?
It’s always a possibility, but it’s not likely. Most personal injury claims are settled by skillful negotiation, so filing a lawsuit isn’t necessary. At Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C., we prepare each claim by gathering the proper evidence and establishing a strong liability case, so we’re ready if a trial is necessary.
What happens if I do file a lawsuit?
Filing a lawsuit makes you the “plaintiff,” and the person or entity that caused your injury is called the “defendant.” The defendant will have their lawyers, including legal counsel for the insurance company. The first phase is called “discovery,” and it involves both sides gathering evidence by exchanging documents, posing written questions, or by asking questions under oath and in-person in “depositions.” At this point, there’s still the opportunity for the parties to agree to a settlement. If not, the case will proceed to trial. This only happens in a small percentage of injury cases.
Is there a deadline for filing a personal injury claim?
Yes. It’s called a “statute of limitations.” For Georgia, it’s two years, meaning a personal injury claim must be filed within two years of the date the incident occurred. If you miss the deadline, you may lose your opportunity to seek compensation. Contacting our office promptly after your injury will prevent this from happening to you.
Reach out to Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. Today
If you or a loved one has suffered harm or loss of life because of someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you need qualified legal representation. Turn to Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. for a skilled Atlanta personal injury attorney who fights for you. Get started today by calling (770) 205-8827 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.