As the leading cause of injury deaths and the second leading cause of hospitalizations and emergency room visits in the state of Georgia, a car accident is one of the most tragic and traumatic events anyone will ever experience. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligent actions, you may be entitled to financial compensation to help pay for damages. The Villa Rica car accident lawyers at Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C., will go over your case and do everything possible to get you the money you need to cover expensive medical bills and other costs associated with your accident.
In the state of Georgia, driving is a daily necessity. You have to drive to work, run errands, and shuttle your kids between school and any other activity. Unfortunately, no matter how safe you are behind the wheel, you and your family’s life can be upended when an individual or other party acts recklessly. From minor fender benders to catastrophic and violent crashes at high speeds on the highway, every car accident can cause a serious injury that requires extensive medical care and time away from work to recover. Like many accidents, yours was probably preventable, and the physical, emotional, and financial suffering was preventable too.
With an office in Carroll County and five others across the state, the Villa Rica personal injury attorneys at Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. want you to know that you don’t have to face this uncertain time alone. Along with physical injuries, car accidents can cause anxiety and emotional trauma as victims worry about how they’ll be able to pay the bills and provide for their families. Fortunately, there’s hope. With an experienced and qualified attorney’s help, you can take legal action and receive fair compensation. Take the first step in protecting your future today by calling us at (770) 205-8827 and schedule a free consultation.
Do I Need a Villa Rica Car Accident Attorney?
Although a personal injury lawyer isn’t required, if you’ve been injured in a car accident, we strongly recommend hiring a car accident attorney to ensure your rights are protected, and you get every dollar you deserve. No matter how cut and dry the details of your case might appear to be, car accident cases can be messy and complicated, especially when insurance companies act in bad faith. A qualified legal representative will navigate every step of the process, from filing all necessary paperwork under deadline to representing you in court.
The attorneys at Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C., have 30 years of experience representing victims and their families and know what it takes to successfully build a case. We’ve obtained millions of dollars in settlements and have seen every trick insurance companies try to pull to avoid paying what they owe. When you walk through our doors and tell us your story, we promise to do everything in our power to hold the responsible party accountable so you can focus on what’s most important—your recovery. We’ll get to work right away, investigating the facts of your accident to determine who was at fault before filing our findings and claim with the insurance company demanding a fair and full settlement.
And in the event that they don’t agree, our Villa Rica car accident attorneys will move forward and take your case to court and argue for full compensation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents impact Georgians of all ages across every part of the state. In 2017, Georgia had the fourth-highest number of traffic fatalities in the nation despite having the eighth largest state population. Many car accidents could easily have been avoided if the driver had acted responsibly and lived up to their duty to keep others as safe as possible while behind the wheel.
Our legal team has seen every type of car accident and empathizes with victims who were doing everything right but still had their lives upturned because of someone else’s negligence. Contact Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. today if you’ve been involved in an accident caused by any of the following:
- Distracted driving – As one of the leading causes of car accidents, distracted driving happens when drivers are talking on their phones, texting, using GPS apps, messing with the radio, self-grooming in the mirror, or any other action that diverts their attention away from the road. Driving requires undivided attention, and when it’s split between multiple activities, it can have devastating consequences.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs – Operating a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol or taking illegal or legal drugs is incredibly dangerous. And while it’s illegal to do so, people get behind the wheel and drive drunk every day and put innocent lives at risk. Sadly, drunk or drugged driving leads to serious accidents that result in fatalities and life-altering, debilitating injuries.
- Speeding and aggressive driving – This covers a range of dangerous driving behaviors from speeding to tailgating to gunning it through an intersection to “beat” a red light. When drivers operate their vehicles above the speed limit or aggressively maneuver in and out of lanes, they limit their chance to slow down or brake in time to avoid a collision. Aggressive driving also causes other motorists to act anxious and make mistakes.
- Roadway defects – Federal, state, and local municipalities are responsible for maintaining highways and other roads, so they are safe for drivers. When potholes, damaged guardrails, and other road defects aren’t repaired promptly, it can lead to a serious accident.
If you were injured in an accident due to one of the above scenarios or another action of a negligent driver, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Get in touch with a Villa Rica car accident attorney today and discuss your case’s details with one of our talented and experienced associates.
Common Car Accident Injuries
The type and severity of injuries resulting from a car accident vary greatly based on many factors. It’s a common misconception to think only high-speed accidents result in serious injuries, but even minor crashes at low speeds can result in whiplash and other neck and spinal cord injuries that require extensive care and rehabilitation.
Along with whiplash, some other common injuries caused by a motor vehicle accident include the following:
- Cuts and bruises
- Fractured and broken bones
- Torn ligaments and other soft tissue damage
- Lacerations from shattered glass and other debris
- Broken ribs
- Crushed extremities
- Burns in the event of a vehicle fire
- Internal bleeding and damage to vital organs like the spleen or lungs
- Back, neck, and spinal cord injuries that could cause partial or full paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries that require lifelong care and rehabilitation
A common reaction for many drivers or passengers following a car accident—especially one that doesn’t immediately appear serious—is to shake it off and go about your life without getting checked out by a medical professional. Many injuries manifest days or weeks after an accident and could cause long-term damage if they aren’t properly treated. Refusing medical care may also affect your future chances of recovering compensation, since the insurance company will assume that your injuries weren’t serious enough to warrant immediate attention.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of compensation can I recover?
The financial compensation we work to secure from the responsible party’s insurance company is intended to cover the expenses and losses you incurred due to your accident. Every case is different, and the financial damages we eventually secure will depend on the specific details of your case. However, some of the most common are:
- Payment for all current and future medical bills
- Prescription drug costs
- Lost wages during the time you missed work due to your recovery
- Loss of household income
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral costs and other financial damages in the event of a wrongful death
What does an accident investigation look like?
After hiring Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C., to handle your case, we get to work on investigating every part of your accident so we can determine the cause and who all is to blame. Investigations can be incredibly involved and require the experience and expertise of legal professionals, forensic experts, and other experts to comb through evidence and reconstruct the scene piece by piece. This includes getting access to the accident scene photos and witness statements, video surveillance from surrounding buildings or traffic lights, police reports, phone records from the other motorist, and medical records showing the extent of your injuries.
How much does a car accident attorney cost?
Many victims believe they don’t have the financial means to afford an attorney to help them through this time. The truth is, you can’t afford to not hire one. Along with providing free consultations, our firm works on contingency. This means that we don’t charge any fees upfront. Instead, we take a portion of the compensation we secure after settling with the insurance provider or winning your case in court.
Contact Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. Today
Don’t spend another day worrying about how you’re going to pay for medical bills, car repairs, or compensate for lost wages. The ramifications of a serious car accident are long-lasting on your physical health and your emotional and financial health. Our attorneys are standing by, ready to take the first step in helping you get through this dark period and out the other side. To learn more about your legal rights and options, contact the Villa Rica car accident lawyers at Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. today by calling (770) 205-8827 or filling out our online form.