Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Fayetteville
Were you injured in a pedestrian accident in Fayetteville, Georgia that wasn’t your fault? The dedicated Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. pedestrian accident lawyers in Fayetteville, Georgia, can help you recover compensation from the at-fault driver. With over 70 years of combined experience, Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. has the knowledge, resources, and compassion to fight for your rights and interests. We will stop at nothing to pursue maximum compensation for your injuries.
While recovering after a pedestrian accident, it can be frustrating to know that you are suffering while the at-fault driver is not. At Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C., we believe that accident victims deserve compensation for the devastating consequences of someone else’s negligence.
Call our attorneys today at 770-205-2231 for a free consultation about your legal options.
Why You Need a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. highly recommends hiring experienced legal counsel after a pedestrian accident. We have seen too many accident victims attempt to handle their own legal claims and get overwhelmed by aggressive insurance companies, complicated paperwork, and crushing medical expenses. An attorney can handle all that for you so that you can focus on your recovery.
Hiring a knowledgeable and skilled attorney like those at Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. dramatically increases your chances of recovering full, fair compensation for your injuries. In fact, Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. helped a woman in Fulton County recover $138,000 after a devastating pedestrian-auto accident.
Let one of our skilled attorneys help you, too.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Georgia law contains many protections for pedestrians, including a requirement that drivers “stop and remain stopped” for pedestrians at crosswalks. Unfortunately, many drivers overlook, ignore, or miss pedestrians, resulting in devastating accidents and injuries. Common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Failure to yield at a crosswalk or intersection
- Failure to obey traffic lights or signs
- Failure to check blind spots
- Poor visibility
- Vehicle malfunctions
- Inoperable traffic lights
Common Injuries from Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians are uniquely vulnerable to severe injuries because they lack protection during an accident. Common injuries suffered in pedestrian accidents include:
- Lacerations and open wounds
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Torn muscles, ligaments, or tendons
- Crushed, pinned, or amputated limbs
- Internal organ damage
- Facial injuries
- Dental injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
Pedestrian Accidents Are a Growing Concern
According to Georgia’s Pedestrian Safety Action Plan, pedestrian accidents have been an increasingly concerning issue in the state. Over a four-year period, 17,336 vehicle-pedestrian accidents occurred, with 80 percent resulting in an injury and five percent in a fatality.
When compared with other traffic victims, pedestrians are far more vulnerable. Whereas 33 percent of all traffic crashes result in an injury, that percentage jumps to a staggering 80 percent when looking at only pedestrian accidents. Furthermore, the death rate is less than one percent for all traffic crashes but is five percent for pedestrian accidents.
What to Expect After a Pedestrian Accident
Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. has helped many pedestrian accident victims handle insurance claims or lawsuits during their recovery. Our many years of legal experience suggest that after a pedestrian accident, you can expect the following:
- Lengthy, intense recovery – Pedestrian accidents often result in severe and debilitating injuries that require lengthy, intense recovery. Sometimes injuries are not immediately apparent but worsen over time. That is why you should see a doctor as soon as possible. A medical professional should evaluate you, diagnose your condition, and determine your course of treatment. Be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions completely.
- Pressure to settle – After an accident, victims frequently hear from insurance companies within days, pressuring them to settle their claims. However, this first settlement offer is usually woefully inadequate to meet your recovery needs. The insurance company hopes you will be desperate for the cash to cover your substantial medical bills. Do not succumb to their pressure campaign. Tell the insurance company to speak to your lawyer, and let the legal professionals handle the negotiations.
- Lots of paperwork – Between medical bills, crash reports, and insurance company correspondence, you might also be overwhelmed with the amount of paperwork generated by a pedestrian accident case. You must retain all documents related to the accident and its impact on your life. Accident cases hinge on the strength of the evidence, which includes accident-related bills, documentation, and medical records.
- Lawyers will go to work – As soon as you hire an experienced attorney, they will get to work fighting for your rights and working to hold the at-fault driver accountable. The Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. pedestrian crash lawyers in Fayetteville will investigate your case, gather evidence, and build a compelling case for negligence by the at-fault driver. We aim to reach a settlement and avoid going to trial. Settlements save everyone from undergoing a lengthy and stressful trial. However, if the at-fault driver or their insurance company refuses to settle for a fair amount, Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. is committed to defending your right to full compensation in court.
How Much Is My Pedestrian Accident Claim Worth?
The amount of compensation you may recover from a pedestrian accident claim depends on several factors, including the severity of your injuries, the longevity of your recovery, and the extent of your losses. With the assistance of a highly skilled pedestrian accident attorney, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses to treat your injuries
- Lost wages if you must miss work during your recovery
- Diminished future earning capacity if your injuries result in permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Contact a Fayetteville Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Right Now
If you were injured in a Fayetteville pedestrian accident, you need a lawyer to fight for your rights while you’re recovering from your injuries. Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. represents many accident victims in Fayetteville after the most challenging days of their lives, and we want to help you, too.
Contact a Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C. personal injury lawyer in Fayetteville at 770-205-2231 for a free case evaluation and learn how we can help you recover compensation and hold the at-fault driver accountable.